Thursday, January 13, 2011

STP - Marketing Presentation tomorrow + Traditional Day

I know its a weird combination for the title of the post... but lets get past it. Tomorrow will be my first presentation of Second semester and that too of marketing! But no worries, because I'm already prepared. STP is nothing but Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning. We have chosen our our very favorite McDonald as our company for STP research.
We are a group of three people and my part is to explain the positioning topic. I have visited the McD's outlet a hundredth times and never ever have I thought about McD's positioning strategy or segmentation.. it is quite interesting actually, McD have come a long way from the year 1996 when it first opened it's outlet in Mumbai. It's no longer a foreign or alien company to India. It has so well adapted to Indian customs and values and lets not forget it is only outlet which is affordable (Bless their Happy Price Menu) rather than KFC, Subway. But it did ran into controversies about the Beef Fries, but still it again gained confidence of their loyal customers and is doing well today.

I hope my presentation will be liked by everyone.. I have put my satisfactory efforts. The only distraction is tomorrow's is Traditional Day will have to wear a shiny salwaar kameez and give the presentation. Lets see what happens tomorrow.. future is all about uncertainty. Tiill then Adios Amigos :D See ya tomorrow.


Update:
Presentation got postponed for next lecture.. but enjoyed the Traditional Day. A round of applause for those who managed to get into sarees and dhoti kurtas on one day prior notice of the TD day.

No comments:

Post a Comment